63rd Annual All Florida Juried Competition and Exhibition
August 10 – October 25, 2014
As the state’s oldest annual juried competition, the All Florida has introduced the work of thousands of Florida artists working in all media: emerging, mid-career, and established artists. It reinforces the Museum’s commitment to Florida artists, provides professional exhibition opportunities for emerging artists, and reveals a provocative glimpse – through Florida artists’ eyes – of the state-of-the-art today through approximately 100 paintings, sculpture, photographs, video and installations.
Florida’s oldest annual juried all-media competition will return to the Boca Museum of Art, showcasing prominent and emerging Florida artists August 10 – October 25, 2014.
Applications will be accepted beginning March 17, 2014.
APPLYING IS EASY
The Boca Raton Museum of Art will utilize Juried Art Services to accept artists’ online applications. Once an artist creates a profile and uploads images, application to multiple shows is just a click away!
1. Go to www.juriedartservices.com to register and create an online artist profile.
2. Fill out application form and upload images.
3. Submit by Friday, June 6.
Check this page for updates.
THIS YEAR’S JUROR: TRONG GIA NGUYEN
Trong Gia Nguyen is an independent curator, writer, and artist based in Brooklyn, New York. Over the last fifteen years, he has curated over 25 exhibitions in the United States and abroad. His shows have been reviewed in esteemed publications such as the New York Times, TimeOut, Village Voice, The Observer, and New Yorker Magazine. Currently Trong serves in multiple capacities –including Associate Curator– with Artist Pension Trust, a global organization with the unique goal of creating financial security for artists. From 2005-07, Trong found and directed the Brooklyn gallery New General Catalog. He was also previously the Associate Director of Zabriskie Gallery from 2000-03. Trong has juried exhibitions at the Hunterdon Art Museum and other not-for-profit and commercial spaces, in addition to having participated on numerous talk, jury and portfolio review panels. Apart from curating, Trong was a senior editor at Artslant from 2009-13, where he also curated an annual exhibition. His texts and interviews have also appeared in Art:21, New York Arts Magazine, and Flavorpill. He continues to serve on the advisory boards of the Fashion in Film Festival, the Elizabeth Foundation for the Arts Project Space, and Florence Artist in Residency. Trong has guest-lectured at the Latvia Center for Contemporary Art, Location One, New York University, School of Visual Arts, Columbia University, Icelandic Art Academy, and Catalyst Foundation.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
There is a non-refundable entry fee of $35 for the Boca Museum All Florida. For the $35, artists may submit 1, 2 or 3 artworks. Payment is accepted online by credit card. Enter payment information at the end of the application process.
Please read the following application instructions to the Boca Museum All Florida:
- Each artist may submit up to three artworks for the application fee of $35.00.
- 3D artists may submit two images per artwork in order to see the piece “in the round.”
- Video and time-based artists must include two still images per artwork submitted that represent the visual component of the work.
In addition, copies of the video or sound-based materials for the Boca Museum All Florida must be sent separately to:
Kelli Bodle, Assistant Registrar
Boca Raton Museum of Art
501 Plaza Real
Boca Raton, FL 33432
Work must be in readable CD or DVD format. DVDs must be playable in a standard DVD player. Video or sound materials must arrive by Friday, June 6, 2014.
Address all general questions via email correspondence to Kelli Bodle, Assistant Registrar:email@example.com
List of Requirements for All Florida submissions:
- Only original artworks completed AFTER January 1, 2012 and not previously exhibited at the Boca Raton Museum of Art are eligible.
- All prints in the Digital and Photography category must be signed and numbered in a limited edition of 250 or less.
- No works containing live plants, perishable items or works requiring consistent maintenance will be accepted.
- No artwork measuring more than 8 feet in any direction or weighing more than 100 pounds will be accepted without prior written permission from the Curatorial Department (Assistant Registrar, Kelli Bodle, (561) 392-2500 ext.222, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Every artwork must be ready to install. All 2D works must be wired or have hanging devices already attached and in place and ready for hanging (an artwork will not be included in the exhibition if it is delivered unprepared for installation).
- Canvases larger than 48 inches in any direction should be reinforced with cross braces.
- Do not use glass on works exceeding 16 x 20 inches. Plexiglas is encouraged but not required for works of this size.
- Canvases with wet paint and frames in fragile condition will be disqualified.
- The Museum does not provide audio visual equipment for video works; the artist must provide their own.
- The juror’s decisions are final. No refunds will be given for any rejected entries.
- No substitutions will be permitted.
SHIPPING OF ORIGINAL WORKS
- Accepted artists are responsible for all shipping arrangements and expenses.
- Roundtrip shipping expenses must be pre-paid and return shipping arrangements should be explained in writing. Those sent collect will not be accepted.
- All packing material must be sufficient for safe return. When possible, use screws instead of nails to secure wooden crates.
DEADLINE FOR ENTRY
All entries must be submitted online no later than Friday, June 6, 2014 using Juried Art Services. No materials will be accepted at the museum except for CDs of videos from video artists. All others must upload images using Juried Art Services. Video artists are to upload still shots from their videos to their Juried Art Services applications.
FEES and IMAGES
- All crates must be clearly and properly labeled for return shipment.
- All artwork to be shipped must meet shipping agents’ requirements.
- Do not use glass on artworks to be shipped.
- Shipped works must be received between July 25 and August 1, 2014.
DROP-OFF & PICK-UP OF ORIGINAL WORKS
Original artwork accepted for exhibition must be dropped off between 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM on July 31 or August 1, 2014 and picked up between 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM on October 26 or 27, 2014. Artworks will not be released to any person other than the artist without written authorization from the artist to the Boca Raton Museum of Art.
Unless prior written permission is arranged, artworks not picked up by 5:00 PM, October 27, 2014 will be subject to an initial storage charge of $20 plus $5 for each additional business day. If not retrieved by November 30, 2014, any artwork will be considered a donation to be sold in the Annual Auction to benefit the Museum. Artists will be liable for all additional expenses including packing, transportation, insurance and off-site storage. No exceptions will be made.
The Boca Raton Museum of Art does not participate in the sale of artwork. Neither will the Museum provide any documents of authenticity. All inquiries will be directed to the artist or their representative.
STATE OF FLORIDA RESIDENCY
Only artists who reside in Florida are eligible to enter the 63rd Annual All Florida Juried Competition and Exhibition.
While every caution will be exercised in the handling of all accepted artworks, the Boca Raton Museum of Art cannot assume liability for any loss or damage caused by shipping or hand-delivery of artwork. It is the responsibility of the artist to provide adequate insurance coverage during shipment. The Boca Raton Museum of Art will insure artwork only while exhibited or stored on the Museum premises.
PHOTOGRAPHY OF ARTWORK
In entering the competition, artists grant the Boca Raton Museum of Art permission to reproduce their artwork for publicity and educational purposes.
- $4,000.00 will be distributed as follows:
- Best-In-Show (1): $1,500.00
- Merit Awards (5): $500.00
MONDAY, March 17
Juried Art Services begins accepting online All Florida applications
FRIDAY, JUNE 6
Deadline for entry (NO EXCEPTIONS)
THURSDAY, JUNE 12 through SUNDAY, JUNE 22
Jurying of entries
MONDAY and TUESDAY, JUNE 23 & 24
Email notifications of acceptance and/or rejection
THURSDAY and FRIDAY, JULY 31 & AUGUST 1
10:00 – 4:00 PM
Drop-off of works selected for exhibition
TUESDAY, AUGUST 5
Juror selects award winners
SATURDAY, AUGUST 10
Opening Reception 5:00 – 8:00 PM
Awards presentation 6:00 PM
SATURDAY, AUGUST 10 through OCTOBER 25
Exhibition open to public
SUNDAY and MONDAY, OCTOBER 26 & 27
10:00 – 4:00 PM
Pick-up of artworks